The springs in your garage door can wear down and break over time. Replacement of these doors can be a little expensive. Here are some signs to watch out for determining whether repair or replacement is the right course of action:
- Excessive noise: The reason for the noise from the doors indicates that the springs have worn down a little bit and need some lubricant. If you still hear a lot of noise even after lubricating the springs, consult a professional.
- Balance issues: If you are facing a problem while opening and closing your garage door, then your springs are out of balance. Get them refitted before breaking of more parts of your door.
- Lack of safety cables: If you are using extension springs instead of torsion coil springs, then your garage door needs to have safety cables. These cables provide safety so that a broken spring doesn’t cause your garage door to fall on someone.
Excessive tension increases the chances that the spring will break. This is why proper and regular lubricating is necessary.
Things to Know About Garage Door Springs
Keep all these in mind while repairing your garage door springs:
- Springs are part of the door which is used in raising and lowering the door easily.
- Springs last long. However, over the time, they weaken and eventually break.
- Springs are the most likely parts of the doors to break. When your garage door does not function properly, the springs are the part you’ll most often need to have repaired or replaced.
- There are two different types of springs. The garage doors have extension springs and torsion coil springs.
- Extension springs balance the garage door’s weight whereas torsion coil springs add extra lifting power as the door is raised.
- $20 to $30 is the cost of garage door springs. Installation costs vary depending on the professional you contract and the amount of labor required.
Garage Door Springs Repair
You should leave most of these repairs to a professional, but if you’re comfortable, you can perform it yourself. Some repairs you can make include:
- Lubricating the springs
- When the door is out of balance, you can adjust the tension on a spring.
- You can tighten loose screws around the springs.
- You can check the cable feed near the springs.
If you are not capable and comfortable in repairing the doors yourself, you must call a professional for this. It will be worth it!!!
The garage is usually used by people around the world to accommodate their big cars and other products they want to store there. Garage doors are the hard and heavy doors used for garages. These doors also act as the main entry doors for your house. Your vehicles and other commodities are safe in your garage. If by chance the door gets broken, it can be a problem. The main issue will be the safety. So, these doors should be taken care of if you want them to work efficiently.
There are many problems which occur while operating these heavy garage doors.
# Sometimes the door opens or closes with a thump. The reason for this problem can be the broken torsion spring located above the door. The other reason can be the broken lifting cables. You can perform a visual check to find out the problem and if a spring is actually broken, you should stop using your garage door and call a garage door technician immediately.
# Sometimes, the door goes down a little and then suddenly goes back up while closing. This can be because of the button for adjusting the sensitivity of the motor when the door is closing. The sensitivity must be properly adjusted in order to solve this problem.
# Power outage! This happens sometimes. When you come back from doing your chores like grocery shopping and your garage door doesn’t open, because of a power failure, when you press the button on your remote. To get rid of this issue, you have to pull back on the emergency cord to deactivate the motor. You have to pull the cord forward in order to close the door.
# Sometimes one of the horizontal tracks fall out of alignment and the door comes off its hinges. The solution for this problem is to call a garage door expert if the door has fallen on the floor. But if the rollers are still in the tracks, kindly close the door gently and firmly tighten the bolts holding the bracket in place.
So, if you encounter any of these problems, call the garage door repair experts !!! They will help you out!!!
Total Garage Care is here to help you repair any garage door. A malfunctioning garage door can lead to several other problems and it can dangerous. We have experienced techs ready to repair any brand and type of garage door to help keep you safe.
Total Garage care replaces broken springs with a new ones and offers free haul off the old set. If only one breaks we highly recommend to change both to ensure the power of the springs will be evenly distributed across the garage door. Faulty springs could damage your door if not fixed immediately after time they break.
Total Garage Care Garage Door Company offers professional installation services for garage doors and garage door openers as well as accompanying component parts. Our installation services include repair, maintenance, as well as installation of garage doors and openers, door springs, cables, tracks, and door rollers.
Total Garage Care Garage Door Company offers professional repair services for garage doors and garage door openers as well as accompanying component parts. We are an Atlanta Garage Door Company who employ professional, well trained technicians with a wide range of experience with repair, maintenance, and installation.
Total Garage Care offers professional Garage operator replacement and install. Trust Total Garage Care to get your garage opener installed and operating in no time.
Garage door springs break after wear and tear or just through time. We specialize in spring repair and can have your broken garage door springs repaired in a flash.
Total Garage Care offers professional Garage springs replacement and install. Damaged springs can be the start of many other garage issues, call us as soon as you discover a damaged spring.
Trust Total Garage Care to get your garage door openers inspected and repaired. We provide Atlanta residents with top quality garage door opener repair services. Constant wear and tear of garage openers can lead to malfunctioning components leaving you with no ability to use your garage, call us today for affordable garage repairs.